Gloria 2020 Project for Gail's Book

Hi everybody,

This is my page for Gail's book. I continued with her mask concept and used the late

Cuban printmaker Belkis Ayon as my source. Belkis Ayon's major theme in her work was "Imposed 

silence" She used the mask as imagery and there are no mouths in her Masks drawings or collographs

There is a quote "Silence is the most powerful scream" At this point in my life I have to embrace 

silence and the gifts it gives, such as removing oneself from the chaos of the world so I can be with

peace with myself. Silence promotes listening and patience which is something I feel I need to

as a developing artist, especially in my twilight years. 

Gloria Patton 2020 project 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gail's contribution into Aziza's Book

GAIL'S CONTRIBUTION TO KAMALA'S BOOK

Gail's Two-Page Entry for Francine's Book