JULEE DICKERSON-/THOMPSON'S BOOK a Contribution by Aziza Claudia Gibson-Hunter


 Julie asked us to work in black and white for her book. Having spent the last twenty years with color as a important element in my work, her request called me to pause. I decided to put the emphasis on texture, and worked segments of the piece with black on black. If it was the blackness of coffee that gave it it's strength, mine would have Black on Black sections. Looking ahead, strength was going to be needed by all...plenty of it.  Returning to the aesthetic of my Etude Series, the  perimeter being  pushed out by rhytematic forms. Another page is completed. Julee's book is three dimensional, and I can't wait to see the final book.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gail's contribution into Aziza's Book

GAIL'S CONTRIBUTION TO KAMALA'S BOOK

Gail's Two-Page Entry for Francine's Book