Adjoa's work in progress in Francine Haskins' book

                                             almost done 


I was so excited to start Fran's book. Everybody ahead of me really put a lot of energy into their work, and I wanted to do the same. Her book is so rich in detail, texture, and color. She told us to have fun with it, so I did. My goal was to create a textured landscape using cardboard, burlap, handmade, painted and printed papers for the ground. I focused on the poem by Amanda Gorman read at the 2021 inauguration "A Hill to Climb." Next, I will write an excerpt from the poem, "Somehow we've weathered and witnessed" which to me relates to Black peoples ongoing struggle in this country for our humanity in the midst of constant assault. I decided to use layers of acrylic paint for the sky, starting with a deep blue of night to the warm oranges and yellows of sunrise.


                                                 early work 

                                                 work in progress 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gail's contribution into Aziza's Book

GAIL'S CONTRIBUTION TO KAMALA'S BOOK

Gail's Two-Page Entry for Francine's Book